Friday, May 31, 2013

Reluctant to Run

I know. I know. It's not me against them or me compared to you. It's all about me. About me improving my time. About me learning to enjoy the time. To enjoy the run. But my, oh my! Do I ever come up with excuses. I've read the list that FattyMustRun came up with here. But I had already had this post started and wanted to share with you some of the ways I convince myself not to head out and go for a run.
- not feeling well
- too sore
- too tired
- just want to relax
- it's that time of month
- already home and took socks off (for some reason, once I get home and socks come off, I don't like to leave the house.)
- don't want to leave house - it's raining, it's snowing, it's too humid
- gym clothes are cold from sitting in truck all day and I forgot to bring them to front to warm them up on drive home/gym
- I can't get up before 6 to go to gym
- I don't want to go alone
- I wish I had a friend who could come
- my knee/foot/whatever hurts for unknown reasons
- it's snowing
- it's snowing in May!
- I'll go tomorrow 
Of course there is another reason. FEAR! Fear or embarrassing yourself. What onlookers may think. Fear of  hurting yourself. Recently someone I know went for a lunchtime run and fell, cut her hand and sprained her ankle in a nasty way. Now if you are running by yourself, and you fall and hurt yourself, what do you do? Lay on the ground waiting for someone to show up and come to your rescue? I know, I know, I can't live in the land of "what-if" otherwise I'd never do anything. Back to reality, it doesn't matter what others think, most people I tell I've started running or trying to run, they are encouraging. Remember, it's not about them, it's about YOU! Tell the FEAR or Frustration to go AWAY!

Juneathon Participant

It's June. You know what that means?! It's time for Junathon! Juneathon is where I may begin to drive you nuts with my excessive daily posts of my day where I share what exercise or run I did. I'll try to throw some funny or weird story in with the days events. I know some people focus on time or distance or calories burned. But I've decided to just focus on doing it getting out there and exercising each day. So today was a 20 minute walk/run around my neighbourhood along with 50 squats. Yes, I have started the 30 day Squat challenge over again from the beginning. Somehow, last month I got behind, then I got lost where I was in the challenge and wanted to give it a proper effort so back to Day One I went.

Now, I know you can do this, I know you can turn a negative into a positive. While my list of excuses, may not motivate you, check out SparkPeople's list of 50 Good Reasons to Run.

What other excuses do you tell yourself why your not working out?

-M.

No comments:

Post a Comment